Sunday, August 21, 2005

Coming Off the Progesterone...

***Disclaimer: The following post contains comments about pregnancy, including symptoms. If you are feeling adverse to such information at the present time, kindly skip the post below. No offense taken. Be well. Disclaimer over.***

So... I found out later that my hCG was 30,394. It's now at the point where I don't even know what that means, except the nurse said it was "fine." And my friend who's a nurse said I am VERY pregnant. Which makes me feel a bit better. I'm still concerned that this might go away - just because we want this doesn't mean it will happen. My consolation is that everything seems to be alright.

Starting Wednesday the 17th, my progesterone injections would change from 2 cc's to 1.5 cc's. On the 22nd we go down to 1 cc. My estrogen will be 1 tablet twice a day instead of 2 tablets twice a day. Then I go back in on Wednesday the 24th to check my levels and see how our little chickpea is coming along. (Speaking of chickpeas, we're going to a barbecue next weekend and I'm bringing chana masala. Mmmmmmm...)

One thing I find just a bit odd is a few of my friends telling me not to worry, that I will soon be throwing up and suffering morning sickness like every other healthy mother-to-be. This is because the most I have ever felt in that department is mild, passing queasiness...As in "Hmmm, I feel a little icky. Hmmphf." That's it. No nausea, no vomiting, no over salivating. To hear the way they talk about it however, the sicker you are the healthier the baby. So what are they implying? That out little wee chickpea is doomed or unhealthy? They keep telling me, "Oh, it's coming - just you wait." Really, it's a misery loves company thing, I swear. I never had morning sickness with Ben. I feel pretty much the same way I do now, although I don't have the chocolate or goat cheese aversion I did with Ben. (Not necessarily these two items combined).

What most people fail to realize is that not only does misery love company, but so does joy. People who are truly happy want others to be that happy, too. It just seems that the world would be a nicer place if we tried to share more of our joy when we're up instead of trying to bring others down when we're miserable. Just food for thought.

5 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through Manuela (Thin Pink Line) and read you all the way through last week. I suffered 2 miscarriages and I have 2 living children and am now pregnant again, fairly close to you. I'm due 3/27/06. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that with NONE of my pregnancies did I have throwing up morning sickness. I did have yucky-queasy feeling sickness, but that's it. So, no, you're pregnancy is NOT doomed. I'll be your company in joy for today. :+)

 
At 8/22/2005 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... in my case the reverse was true... I puked every single day right up until I miscarried... so although these people might mean well... sick/not sick doesn't mean a thing!!!

I... for one... wish you a happy, healthy, and puke-free pregnancy!

 
At 8/22/2005 7:59 PM, Blogger NME said...

I didn't puke once while pregnant with Noah. I felt a bit quesy off and on - but it always went away if I ate. And I ate alot.

They say it's an old wives tale that if you don't get very sick or moody you are having a boy - but I've found it more true than not.

I would love to share in your joy.

 
At 8/24/2005 1:40 PM, Blogger April said...

Congratulations on your well deserved and wonderful news.

 
At 8/25/2005 1:42 PM, Blogger lonna said...

I was never sick when I was pregnant either. I didn't even feel "off" really, except for a flight when I was about 6 weeks along. The only "symptoms" that I had were really sore nipples (sorry about the TMI) for the first few months and I got horrible acne during the second half of my pregnancy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home