Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What, Me Worry?

Well, the anxiety has certainly been creeping back in. I am not used to things going well, and as optimistic as I have sometimes been in this trek, worry again raises its ugly head. What ifs pop up, and I have to tell myself that I'll just wait for the call and we'll see what happens. I have no control over this; there is nothing I can do. Which of course is just aggravating in itself.

Dinner was divine last night - we went to our favorite restaurant and had a delightful meal, including cold melon soup with crabmeat and prosciutto.

When I went in for my bloodwork this morning, I asked the nurse on duty to confirm the precise location for my progesterone injections. She strongly recommended that I not inject my thighs, as sticking myself with a 1 1/2 " needle would be extremely painful and would cause me pain and difficulty walking. So, after I get the results today (God willing all is well), I will call my neighbor (who is a nurse) and ask her if she would mind doing it. If not, I have another neighbor who is also in the medical field. And if that fails, I have a retired nurse aunt who lives 30 minutes away and I'm sure she would be happy to help me. She's my dad's oldest sister, very sweet, and they're very close. She practically raised my dad, as my grandmother was a real piece of work. That's a story for another day.

So that's it. I should be working, but I've been reading blogs and in between trying to actually get some work done. And worrying about my hCG levels. Yes, I know as my dear great Aunt Amelia always said *(worry is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere).

* Just before I typed that, Margaret my nurse called - we have doubling! 322 is today's magic number. Holy cow - what a relief! It feels almost too good to be true, but then again the eggs were from an insanely healthy 22 year old, not my crap eggs. (It's okay, I can face that). I have to go back next Wednesday for bw & ultrasound, but clearly it's too early for heart beat. I was too excited to ask; I'll e-mail her later to find out. And I still do 2 cc's of progesterone! Hey - I don't care. If this works and I can have a healthy baby, then stick away.

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger NME said...

That is FANTASTIC news! I'm thrilled for you.

I have to mention that I adore the name Amelia.

And I have to ask what restaurant is your favorite. I love recommendations - even though my husband and I don't get out much for meals much anymore. I guess that makes it all the more important to get a recommendation.

 
At 8/04/2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Amber said...

YAY YAY YAY! Greatness!

Now I'm wishing you happy, sticky thoughts. Though (knock on wood, cross your fingers, do a little dance, make a little love) I have a good feeling about all of this.

Congratulations to you and your husband!

 
At 8/04/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger Dear Diary said...

Yay! Great numbers! :)

You know that worry that keeps creeping in? It'll probably always be there, but it DOES get better. I'm 19 weeks along now, and there are lots of days when the happiness and excitement far outweigh the worries. It's a nice change.

Keep us posted, and keep up the good work growing that little baby bee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home