Thursday, August 04, 2005

Food is Always Good...

Thank you all for your kind words and support - I can't even begin to tell you all how much it means to me, so thanks.

Next Wednesday we go for an ultrasound where "they will be looking for placement in the uterus, gestatinal sac and yolk sac. They want to make sure everything is growing correctly." As per my nurse. A went for her final check up today and she's doing just fine - she can finally go back to unrestricted activity. I still can't believe she volunteered; we will be eternally grateful. As I only have one brother & Mr. Right is an only child, we're going to refer to our friends and cousins as honorary aunts and uncles. This way our child(ren) will always have lots of family!

My neighbor the nurse has been doing my injections and is fantastic at it - I barely even notice the 1 1/2" needle! I think she should give Mr. R lessons; I know he'd be happy to learn a better technique.

He called today from Belgium - all is going well, although he was mighty exhausted. He didn't get to sleep on the plane, but went from airport to hotel and to work after a quick shower and shave.

NME, in response to your query, my favorite restaurant in the area is The River Grille. The food is always creative and delicious, the service is professional and ever so friendly and it's got lovely decor. It's also right around the corner from the Crayola factory, so it's a great place to eat after bringing the wee ones for a colored wax filled experience! It's also kid friendly! In Philly, I really like Cuba Libre. It's just wonderful, and has a festive atmosphere to boot.

I also adore the name Amelia. Can you guess what name we have chosen for a girl? ; )

I want to head over to the library and check out some books (oooh! and maybe a movie!) and then I look forward to a dinner of hot dogs and asparagus. Before you wig over the hot dogs, let me add that these have no nitrates or artificial ingredients; they're white (no coloring) and made of pork, lamb and veal. They're incredible, and we picked them up at Wegmans. I wish you all could have a Wegmans.

Signing off, as the thought of dinner is making me very, very hungry.

3 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 10:23 AM, Blogger NME said...

What are the chances you could be pregnant with multiples?

I grew up in Quakertown - so I'm familiar with Eason. I keep thinking I need to head to your neck of the woods in the next week to check out Musikfest in Bethlehem. I haven't been to The River Grille, but I was at the Crayola factory last year for a friends 40th (yup!) birthday party. I haven't ever been to Cuba Libre - but do like Alma de Cuba.

And speaking of food - your husband better come home with chocolate.

 
At 8/05/2005 12:01 PM, Blogger Dear Diary said...

Mmmm, hot dogs! Darn it, I'm SO susceptible (sp?) to any suggestion of food now (seriously, any commercial that comes on TV, if it looks good, I have to have that now!). Now I'm going to have to have a hot dog for lunch. Thanks a lot! ;)

 
At 8/13/2005 8:57 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Yes, Wegmans was a major selling point for buying our present home. That and the new stadium seating theater across the street. The fact that we have an exceptional school district just turned out to be a bonus, really. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home