Monday, August 01, 2005

Okay, so I guess I'll need that Progesterone Refill

I can't believe this. Anxiety has been mounting, and close friends started calling to see if we'd heard anything yet.
We did. Ten days after transfer, and the level is.... 117.

I cried when the nurse told me and Mr. Right, who happened to be next to me when the phone rang, wondered how bad it was. I wrote the number down and circled it. He exclaimed "What does that mean?!" I told him as soon as I got off the phone. I'm so excited, and I know the worry will start up again - Just want to see appropriate doubling on Wednesday. My progesterone was okay at >40. At least we're still in the game.

I still can't believe this. I am so ecstatically happy, just enjoying the moment. 117 seems pretty good. Certainly much better than the 45 I had the very first IVF cycle. I remember my MIL telling me before we started not to worry - everything would work out. She knew someone who tried IVF five times, and then got pregnant with twins. At the time, I remember thinking, well, we're certainly not going to have to go that far...

So, in this 5th IVF cycle, I'm now a bit hopeful. Just want to see those numbers double. Thank you all for our kind attention and support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I'm fairly new to the whole blog arena, but reading your innermost electronic thoughts has taught me a great deal in a short time. You're all fantastic, and I wish the best for all of you. Thank you for being there for me as well. I promise to keep you posted...

3 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 3:10 PM, Blogger Dear Diary said...

CONGRATULATIONS, that's awesome news -- and an awesome beta! :)

I know these next few days (weeks?) will be stressful, but I'll be thinking of you and hoping for only good news.

Keep us posted, and congrats again! :)

 
At 8/01/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger NME said...

FANTASTIC! In the 8 months it took me to get pregnant I began reading alot of IVF blogs and it can be such a heartbreaking and such a beautiful process. I hope to soon be reading about all your morning sickness.

 
At 8/02/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger Amber said...

GREAT NEWS! I am so happy for you that I am forcing myself not to type in all caps, because if I was talking to you in person I would certainly be yelling HOLY CRAP THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

Do keep us posted! Sending good, doubling-number vibes your way.

And congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home