Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Be Still! My Beating Heart!

No need to panic (today)! All is well! We do indeed have a single heart beat at a rate of 117 bpm. At 6 weeks & 3 days, our little lentil is 6.1 mm (about the size of a lentil... get it?).

Incidentally, I had Dr. Ass today (the one with the bedside manner of a mushroom), who was actually very pleasant (I'm sure Mr. Right's presence in the room had nothing at all to do with that). This is really getting exciting, but the doctor mentioned something about coming back next week. I did kind of a double take (on the inside), as I was under the impression that once they detect a heart beat, we're released back into the wild, so to speak. Like the condors they're breeding to prevent extinction. I imagine that when Margaret calls this afternoon with the results of my blood work, she'll let me know. I'll certainly ask. Among other things I want to know is, will my body become dependent upon the progesterone I'm injecting? When will my body step up the production so I can stop introducing this hormone into my ass? These are the things that concern me. I'll probably also inquire as to when I may resume eating chocolate... I do have all these wonderful chocolates my DH brought home from Belgium. No rush, you know... Just curious.

What's interesting is when I was pregnant with Ben, the thought of eating chocolate turned my stomach. I could, however, enjoy chocolate flavored things - such as tootsie rolls, which I devoured daily. Hence my weight gain of 10 pounds in the first trimester. I just lost that weight two months ago. I am eating much healthier this time around, no sweets, veggies, fruits, zucchini lasagna... I did partake in a tiramisu the other night when we went out for dinner - it was just divine.

My in-laws were so thrilled when we called them on the way home that they bought me some flowers (just beautiful, including a sunflower, which is just such a happy flower). They've decided that they want to be called Oma & Opa (Granny & Grandpa in German). I think that's so sweet. I just love that. I had asked my dad a while ago, and he'd like to be called Grand-pop. Also great. (His partner has yet to figure out what he would like to be called - did I mention that my parents are divorced & my dad is gay? Oooooh, that's another story for later). I asked C, and she's still thinking about it. So, C? What do you like? Only eight months to go here! EDD, by the way is April 10, 2006. Aires - our little fireball! Mr. Right and I already decided that my cousins will be addressed as aunts & uncle. I only have one brother, and he's a total mess, so I'd like to have some nice, positive stable aunts & uncles for my child.

Okay, don't want to get too ahead of myself here... must take things one day at a time. I'm just so happy and excited to see our little lentil in progressing right along. Just keep growing, just keep growing...

5 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... still loving the lentil reference... I don't know why a key ingredient in Indian dahl seems so cute to me... but damn... it just does.

I'm over the moon with joy for you... my parents (God willing)will also be Oma and Opa one day... and WOW I'd love to hear your parents' story one day. I lived in the heart of the thriving Gay district here in Vancouver for 13 years and had many older gay friends with similar tales... ex-wife... couple kids... Would love to hear whatever you are willing to share about that...

Thumbs are dutifully crossed, my friend!

 
At 8/17/2005 2:31 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Mmmmmm...dahl... God I love indian food. You know, I had a huge breakfast this morning, but somehow I'm completely famished again. I'm going to make cous cous minestrone soup.

Oh, I will definitely tell the tale, as it's pretty good, what with my mom & brother's symbiotic relationship and all. I couldn't make this stuff up. My Dad's a great dad, by the way. We asked his partner to perform our ceremony when we married in Scotland (they're both priests, and my Dad would have cried the whole time so that's why he couldn't do it). Be patient, I'll get there!

Thumbs crossed right back at ya!

 
At 8/17/2005 4:59 PM, Blogger Dear Diary said...

Wooo Hooooo, what great news and what an adorable picture of your little lentil! :) I'm so happy for you!

Please keep us posted, and go ahead and sneak a piece of chocolate -- you deserve it! ;)

 
At 8/18/2005 11:54 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Aw, the baby! I am so happy for you and your hubby.

And also, you ate tiramisu. Now I must search that out with a fervent intensity I did not know I possessed.

 
At 8/19/2005 10:16 AM, Blogger NME said...

HOORAY! Beautiful baby picture. You can tell he/she is going to be a looker.

I developed a major chocoholic tendency when I was pregnant and favored Hershey's Carmel kisses. I ate BAGS of them.

I have an Oma & Opa - and have already decided that I'd like to be an Oma someday too.

I love a good gay Dad story. Almost as much as Indian food. Do tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home