Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho...

Yes, it's back to work I go. I didn't stay off my feet as much as I wanted to, but I was mostly on bed rest. My aunt C flew out from the Southwest arriving on Saturday morning (day of transfer), for the main purpose of comforting my cousin A. It seems that A developed hyperstim syndrome, was terribly bloated/retaining water and was dehydrated at the same time. She was achy and nauseated, and we felt terrible, obviously. The doctors told A she had peaked on Saturday, and she's still recovering, and at least she's now starting to see some progress. We had cancelled her flight, and we're waiting to see how her screening goes tomorrow before we re-book the flight. We hope she can go home soon, as I know she has to be back at school in the beginning of August (she's managing the soccer team this year, and needs to get everything organized prior to the start of semester). C flew back yesterday, and we already miss her terribly. She's a wonderful mom, and she's even a mom to me; I know who I'll be calling for advice.

I feel fine, annoyingly so. I wish there were some symptoms, or some kind of sign, but I feel like I do any other day. Occasionally I'll have nausea so mild it's hardly worth mentioning, but that's it. Monday they checked my progesterone levels, which were apparently "great. Keep doing what you're doing." Which means 1cc in each cheek, although after reading Suz's post:
  • I want my, I want my PIO
  • I'll take the shots, thank you very much. I already have to insert 2 tabs of estrace in my special place twice a day, and if I don't want periwinkle blue stuff on my undies, I wear a lovely pantiliner. [If anyone can offer advice to do better active links, I'd really welcome it].

    So I go for my beta on 8/1, the day before our 4 year wedding anniversary. I'm hoping and praying I have better results than I did for my last beta, which was the day before Mother's day. We want this to work so badly, and I know DH would be such a great dad - he's really looking forward to it. I'm so looking forward to being a mom as well. A little anxious, but I know that will pass. Not even going to go for the pee stick - it's so early, and I just don't need that kind of agita.

    I feel fine, normal, like I do on any other day. I hope that will change, in a good way, of course. Ooooh, I am feeling a little dizzy, but I'm sure it's nothing.


    At 7/28/2005 3:28 AM, Anonymous thalia said...

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and hoping that A recovers quickly.

    At 7/28/2005 10:32 AM, Blogger nyl rebma said...

    If it helps at all, I didn't feel any real symptoms until I was about five weeks along. I had swollen, sore breasts at about three weeks, but that went away.

    You and your family are in my thoughts. Hoping for the best!


    Post a Comment

    << Home