Monday, October 31, 2005

Good Cervix! Now Stay....

We went on Friday to the perinatal center at our hospital for our ultrasound and incompetent cervix test. (Can't study for this one, kids!) While monitoring through the fabu dildo cam, the doctor applied pressure to the fundus of my uterus. What they're looking for is the amniotic sac to balloon out into the internal os of the cervix (that's the part that's closest to the uterine cavity). Happily, my compliant little cervix toughed it out and stayed all tight and closed. Good for her! Now we need to go back every two weeks to check up on her and make sure she's doing her job, at least through the 26th week.

I'm 17 weeks today and felt the wee one for the first time. It felt a bit like gas, except that I know my intestines are not where my uterus is presently, so it must be the wee one. They also did a scan of said wee one, who looks great. Wee, and small, but not Mexican (reminiscent of a joke a heard once, I forget the comedian). The baby bee was fairly compliant, and revealed all to us...That's right... We have a BOY! Not that it mattered to us, we'd be just as excited if we were having a girl. We're just thrilled that we're even expecting a baby who won't have this stupid disease! Yay! So there you go. I suppose it's convenient that everything in the baby's room, which was once the guest room, is in shades of blues and greens. We had painted the walls a gorgeous pale blue in anticipation of actually having a child one day, as blue is relaxing and soothing. Girl or boy, they'd have blue walls. With white trim.

Everyone was happy to hear the news, although my mom was slightly disappointed because she bought a whole bunch of adorable little girl outfits on sale at Talbot's. She couldn't resist, and figures now she has gifts for baby girl shower presents. See? It all works out.

I showed my dad the ultrasound images, which actually gave him the icks. This is not surprising, since my dad has quite the weak stomach for all things medical. He can't even look at most of my work as he turns promptly green. He's still very happy for us.

My in-laws are just thrilled, and my father-n-law says that when our son is old enough to go trick or treating, he'll go along, dressed as whatever the baby bee is dressed as. He's a sweet man and will make a good grandpa.

Our trick-or-treaters are done here, which is good because we're down to our last three pieces of candy. Mmmmm...candy. Gotta run, I hear Reeses peanut butter cups calling my name... (or maybe that's just gas).

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 9:26 AM, Blogger NME said...

A BOY! Congrats.
I just assumed I was going to have a girl because I had virtually no baby boy experience and honestly when they told me it was a boy I was a bit disappointed. I'd have to trade dolls for sports. But now that I have a baby boy I can see from a momma's perspective they are in many ways superior. Plus I won't have to tell a half shirt wearing Noah to march back upstairs and put some clothes on. At least I don't anticipate that happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home