Saturday, January 09, 2010

Covered in... I beg your pardon?

Well! Happy New Year to you all, hopefully this year will bring good things to those of you working so hard for them. I keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for everyone.

We had a lovely, relaxing Christmas and New Years with our favorite family out west and have now hit the ground running with work. In fact, I'm in the office n a Saturday and should be working, but I thought I'd interject with this little anecdote from June of 2009 before it goes down the memory hole.

--------

Scene: Mr. Right and I in our bathroom, getting ready to turn in for the night. This has been the third day of potty training our 3 year old son.

Me: "Ugh, I was covered in pee before."
Mr. R: "Oooh, kinky."

I look at Mr. Right as if to say, Oh, yes, I just love being covered in our son's pee.

Mr. R: "Yeah, I know. Not the kind of covered-in-pee you'd want."

-pause. We both burst out laughing.

Me: "You mean, there's a "covered-in-pee" you would want?"
Mr. R: "No, but I thought it was funny!"

Aaaaaaaaaand scene.

Bee actually did very well with potty training, so it all worked out for the best. Any stories of your own? Please share!

1 Comments:

At 7/02/2017 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear! Thank you so much for this wonderful blog! I think it will be very helpful for some women) I have PCOS and I know how it feels. I've been in treatment for years. Unfortunately it brought zero result. I'm currently pregnant with twins from donor egg. I should say now I have no feeling my babies are not mine genetically. To be honest I had some doubts. I didn't know how I feel about the procedure... I thought maybe I should wait and try something else and it will help me to get pregnant. But we'd found out that the likelihood of having our own children was practically zero. So ivf with donor egg was our last and only one option. I have a very 'modern' family with step parents/brothers/sisters, half siblings and step nieces and nephews etc. Genetics really means nothing to me. People who raise and love you are your true family. In the beginning my dh wasn't fully on board. We had some very serious arguments about the procedure. But when he found out I was pregnant everything in him changed! The babies I'm carrying are our children and will always be ours. It's such a hard decision to make, I know. Only you will ever know if it's right for you or not as it's not right for some people. I look at it like at usual treatment of infertility. Doctors just help you a little bit. And then you carry/ give birth/ raise - do what usual parents do. We still haven't decided whether or not we'll ever tell the babies about the donor. But we're definitely not telling anyone else how we came to be pregnant. It's only our business. I don't see something super special in it so everyone should know. These babies are mine. I really feel it and I don't make myself to do so)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home