Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh, for crying out loud...

Well! It would appear that 13 MONTHS have past since my last post. I have managed to keep up with most of your blogs through Bloglines (boy, somebody was thinking!) What have I been doing all this time? Working! And after that, I try to make dinner, spend some time with the Bee before his bedtime. If I'm lucky, I'm awake enough to chill and watch a little entertainment before I fall asleep. Because I usually get up at 5:30 - 6 am to go work out. And the day starts all over!

So - I'm busy. I know y'all get it. Bee is 3.5 years old, very active, lean, muscular, loquacious, bright, funny and defiant. He's sweet and compassionate, but also protective. Saturday I had to talk to Mr. Right, who was lying on the couch with a chest cold watching a movie with the Bee. Bee flung his arm across his father and scolded me: "You don't talk to my friend Daddy that way!" He practically growled!! First of all, I never speak rudely to my husband. Ever. It's just funny that this little boy picked up on me talking to the Man and interrupting his movie time! Sometimes he "defends" me too, although none of us ever need defending. The boy is fierce! And did I mention chatty? That's what his nursery school teacher told me on his first day. He cried when we dropped him off, practically sprinted to the door, but the teacher scooped him up and distracted him. They called later to say he was upset for the first five minutes, then became really interested in the opening activities. "He's having a great time and he's very chatty!" We thought that was funny, because I thought, oh lady, you have no idea. He's very clear and talks up a storm. Knows all his colors. Only seems to know the letter "s", but we know he'll pick up the rest soon enough. We LOVE his nursery school. He goes 2 days a week for 2.5 hours in the afternoons. The teachers are wonderful, the classroom is adorable and we're really thrilled. He loves it too. It took a couple of weeks, but know when we drop him off, there's no more anxiety. He can't wait to talk to his teachers and make things. He knows that we will always come to pick him up "when the work is done."

Work is good, but we had to let our last person go, which really sucked. She was a sweet girl who did a great job, but we had been terribly slow snce last November, and couldn't justify another person. So, it's just me and Mr. Right. Of course, 1 month after she was let go, business picked up and we've been busy ever since. We're busy enough for two, but not for three. So we're doing okay, especially since our overhead is now lower.

I like being a working mom, but gee it's tiring! That's why I've made friends with my slow cooker. That's the one wedding gift that keeps on giving! We've decided that we would like another child, but we'll have to wait. I don't think we're going to ask my cousin to donate, since she has now graduated and is working in her field. She's busy, and donating is a lot to do in a month that's far from where she lives. She bought a house and is doing great - we're so proud of her! We'll see her again at Christmas when we go to my aunt's for Christmas and New Year's. We're trying to make that a yearly tradition. We have such a wonderful time being part of a family! Plus my cousin J got married and had a son earlier this year so we'll be able to meet the baby. Bee's very first cousin! He's very excited.

We're nearly out of credit card debt, so then we can start saving. I guess the only option is IVF/PGD with my eggs, but I'm not terribly optimistic. They're not like cheese or wine; age is not their friend and I just turned 39. I saw a psychic who said I have one more baby coming - a girl, who will be healthy. So either we go through IVF or I miraculously become pregnant with a singleton, intrauterine pregnancy despite my tubal ligation. But I suppose stranger things have happened. I have put it God's hands. If it's meant to be, it will. It's a LOT easier to take this approach since we already have a happy, well-adjusted child in our lives. I will be fine if it doesn't work out, but I'll know that somewhere "up there" Amelie will be about. Supposed to be with us, but waiting. Ah well.

And now, I've got to get back to work. I've got deadlines to meet and a son to pick from school soon, waiting to show me the neat things he made during the day. I'm happy, healthy and blessed. I'm married to my best friend, working in a career I love with lots of work to keep us busy, and a home of our own. We've got some great family and good friends. Life is good.

How about you? And can anyone recommend a great slow cooker? I want to get one for my cousin as a housewarming gift. I'd love to hear about your opinions in the comments. Thank you! Have a pleasant day ;)

7 Comments:

At 11/17/2009 6:51 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Hey it's good to hear from you. Glad things are going so well. Can't recommend a slow cooker as guessing we have different brands here and I don't own one in any case, but I'm sure you'll find a good one. have you thought about another donor than your cousin if you don't want to ask her right now?

 
At 11/17/2009 6:51 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh, and maybe she'd like the chance to donate? Might you ask her and give her a way of saying no? Or do you think she'd feel obliged? She might be hurt perhaps if you find another donor without asking her.

 
At 11/18/2009 10:17 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Hi Thalia, thank you for stopping by!

Let me clarify - we'll either use my eggs or my cousins. We're not considering other donors at all. We'll have to see what happens, but I'll keep everyone posted. I'm definitely not pg now - just finished my period. Wheeeee!

 
At 11/21/2009 6:57 PM, Blogger Clover said...

Hey- glad to see you posting. And thanks for stopping by and catching up with the craziness of my life.

 
At 12/26/2009 10:46 PM, Blogger Misty said...

Continue POSTING, damn it!! *wink*

You have a terrific way with words!

 
At 7/26/2016 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear! Thank you so much for this wonderful blog! I think it will be very helpful for some women) I have PCOS and I know how it feels. I've been in treatment for years. Unfortunately it brought zero result. I'm currently pregnant with twins from donor egg. I should say now I have no feeling my babies are not mine genetically. To be honest I had some doubts. I didn't know how I feel about the procedure... I thought maybe I should wait and try something else and it will help me to get pregnant. But we'd found out that the likelihood of having our own children was practically zero. So ivf with donor egg was our last and only one option. I have a very 'modern' family with step parents/brothers/sisters, half siblings and step nieces and nephews etc. Genetics really means nothing to me. People who raise and love you are your true family. In the beginning my dh wasn't fully on board. We had some very serious arguments about the procedure. But when he found out I was pregnant everything in him changed! The babies I'm carrying are our children and will always be ours. It's such a hard decision to make, I know. Only you will ever know if it's right for you or not as it's not right for some people. I look at it like at usual treatment of infertility. Doctors just help you a little bit. And then you carry/ give birth/ raise - do what usual parents do. We still haven't decided whether or not we'll ever tell the babies about the donor. But we're definitely not telling anyone else how we came to be pregnant. It's only our bussiness. I don't see something super special in it so everyone should know. These babies are mine. I really feel it and I don't make myself to do so)

 
At 5/29/2018 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After multiple failed fertility treatments we were advised to use donor eggs. It was hard decision. But now I have no regrets. Our insurance doesn't cover such procedures. We couldn't afford to have de ivf at home country. So we found clinic in Eastern Europe and went there. I always hesitated to go to a different country. But the whole journey was so smooth. Our clinic arranged airport pickup which was so helpful as we were dropped straight to the clinic. We had no issues with language barrier as our coordinator and other staff spoke English very well. I would like to say that from the very beginning till the end I have received excellent service. All the staff at the clinic has been very friendly and helpful. They made us feel so comfortable through every step of the way. The treatment was done very quickly as I requested and no time was wasted. The treatment has been successful for us and we are expecting our first baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home