Monday, November 26, 2007

Okay! So, about the naptime issues...

I didn't mean for there to be such a delay in posts, but I kept waiting it out to see if there was any kinds of discernable pattern to the Bee's napping. Know what I discovered? He's all over the place.

It turned out that my FIL was sleeping on the floor in Bee's room, so we had to remind him not to. Now FIL will "settle" him (pats his back, whispers sweet nothings until Bee falls asleep) then goes and hangs out on the couch until Bee wakes up. Can't change that.

When my FIL puts Bee down for a nap, he'll sleep about 2 to 2.5 hours. When I put him down for a nap, he'll sleep 30 - 40 minutes. If he's in the car, he might sleep for 20 min to a little over an hour.

So that's the way it is. I can't change my FIL, I can't really get him to change; I'll just have to deal with Bee getting shorter naps when he's with me. This doesn't thrill me, but I don't see a way around it at this point.

And, BTW, you all totally rock for your responses and advice. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your words of wisdom and/or comiseration! You are all fabulous - I love you, internets.

Next! Weight loss! I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I have a good 20 pounds I've been carying aruond for waaaaaay too long and I'd like to ditch it. Lots of other fabulous ladies are also trying to get healthier: Manuela, Rebecca, ...oh God, I know there are more. Let me know if I've forgotten you - I'm sorry, my mind is a sieve these days.**

Anyhoo, I started working out again in the spring, finally getting back to the gym five days a week (Monday through Friday). I jog on the treadmill at the Y on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then hit the stairmaster or elliptical trainer on Tuesday and Thursday. The scale at the gym is a little iffy, but I always seem to weigh between 149 and 153.

I've always had this theory that if I stopped eating sweets, I'd drop weight like that (snaps fingers smartly).

So I did. I stopped eating sweets. Totally. Made a pack wth Mr. Right and everything. And found out my theory was utter bullocks. Didn't drop weight like that. shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiit.

Then I went to the OB for my annual to discover that my weight was actually 154. Not 150, like it said on the gym scale. The only upside to this is I'm down from 160 the previous year, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

As far as the jogging is going, I've gotten as far as 5.25 miles, and I can go at a rate of 5.8 on the treadmill (no outside jogging for me, I need to see STATS! I must have the number flashing in red in front of me! How far am I going?! How many calories am I burning (approximately)?! How fast am I going?! I haven't gone farther than 5.25 only due to time constraints. The darned Y in my town doesn't open until 6 frickin' 30 in the morning, and I've got to get back by about 7:30 so I can stretch and jump in the shower before we get the Bee up for the day. So I'm working on it. But I feel much better and have more energy.

Still curbing the sweets, but I'm really concentrating on my goal weight of 135. That would be spectacular! Just keep focusing....

So! Anyone else I'm missing on the weight/exercise quest? We could have a little online support system here! Just let me know!

**UPDATED to include Liv, who shounds like she's doing great on the health overhaul. Yay!

6 Comments:

At 11/26/2007 7:25 PM, Blogger Liv said...

I am in the weight loss struggle myself. I have been really active since the end of August getting in about 4 workouts a week. Running and weights on MWF and ellip., weights on TR. I have only lost 5-8 pounds depending on the day. However I am noticably smaller. You might find that in toning up your body shape will change as opposed to losing weight. I am 30 lbs heavier than high school, yet only 1 size bigger. Also, having a baby changes your body shape. Keep at it. You're doing great with the running. Make sure you keep really good running shoes.

And thanks for your support.

 
At 11/27/2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Anna said...

You're doing beautifully yourself, Liv. Keep it up - I'll add you to the post of those working on the health overhaul.

I'm not so strict about the goal weight, but I'd like to get back down to a size 6-8. That would open up a lot more fashion choices for me as I refused to throw out all those clothes. Which should all be coming back in style soon...

 
At 11/28/2007 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your resolve to get to the gym every day. I'm lucky if I can get my butt into a shower before noon!

So good to see you!

 
At 11/28/2007 4:20 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

Exercise makes you feel so good anyway, I am a big fan!

 
At 12/04/2007 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only gained 7 lbs with my last pregnancy, and i've gained that much already and i'm only 8 weeks. *grin*
I'll be joining you next august for some slimming down. for now, i'm just eating. and eating.
*wink*
hugs to you and the bee,
rae
www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com

 
At 12/28/2007 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you going to give us an update on the bee???

hugs,
rae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home