Sunday, March 12, 2006

Because No One Really Needs a Toilet in the Ninth Month of Pregnancy

Nose is on the mend, by the way, but the point of this post is to describe the stages of our fabulous bathroom renovation. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

The window and molding are new, which we did when we moved two and a half years ago. Everything else is as it was. How about that blue tile? Do you love it? Well, it's gone now. The last picture with the large white cabinet shows a washer & dryer hook up. This is handy, and we've picked out and purchased the appropriate washer and dryer to be delivered on the 25th of March. My mom offered to cover this expense, which I appreciate and have thanked her for.

It's been about 3 weeks, here it is with the tiles removed:


What's with the wood on the walls, you ask? Ah, this is all part of hubs' master plan for a swanky bathroom. He spent an entire day working out the mathematics for the panels... Here's what we're looking at today:

Very exciting, I agree! Ooooooh, I love the paneling!

So what's next? We've ordered the tile; once that comes in early this week the shower will be retiled, then the floor (which has been taken up to the subflooring). Then, the carpenter comes back to put in the base boards. Then the painters come in to paint. Then the sink and toilet can go in. And to top it all off, the washer and dryer will be delivered on the 25th, when everything else should be all done.

So, things are happening at casa RvE. We have a toilet in our office downstairs, so thankfully we have that to fall back on. The tiles should go in this week and I'll update when that happens, with pictures, naturally. I may even throw in a picture of my belly, which hubs took today. It leaves out my head, which is the way I prefer my photos, as after many years of surprise I have finally accepted that I am not even remotely photogenic. That paneling, however, simply lives for pictures. More to come!

9 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 4:19 PM, Blogger NME said...

Can't wait to see the tile. I DREAM of getting new tile in our kitchen and bathrooms.

 
At 3/13/2006 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! Almost as exciting as your other project. We are so behind with our renovation/updating the apartment project. I feel like I should hire bloglandia to get the job done since all of you are clearly more motivated and organized than I! Post the new pics soon.

 
At 3/16/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Lovely, lovely panelling! Looks like it is going to be fab. Hope you are well!

 
At 3/17/2006 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panelling looks good. Are you going to paint it?

 
At 3/22/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oooh this looks like it will be nice!

 
At 3/22/2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOHHH!!! It's going to be FABULOUS!!!

 
At 3/30/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Have you had that baby yet? Just checking in...

 
At 4/02/2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anna, just checking in too. Hope everything is OK -- more than OK!

 
At 4/06/2006 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, aren't you due, like, any second? Hope things are going well. Eagerly awaiting your news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home