Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Of Cervixes and Coffee

Had another cervical check this morning, and I'm oh so glad to report that it continues to do it's job; that is, it's staying tightly closed even under pressure. The Bee's heartbeat was 145, which was right on target, as was the size of my uterus. After everything we went through to try to get here, we're incredibly grateful that this pregnancy has been fairly uneventful. My acne, has, in fact, cleared up beautifully and I am currently enjoying a complexion unseen since before puberty. The scars are still there, but no new events. So yay for me!

On Saturday I had the delightful pleasure of meeting up with Thalia for coffee, although it wound up being yummy salads. She was such a lovely and graceful person and I feel privileged to be able to meet her IRL. That was just so neat. Regrettably I was terribly late but Thalia was rather gracious and I sincerely appreciated it. I'm not very experienced at navigating Manhattan traffic, but I held my own and made it in and out just fine.

Work has been busy; Mr. Right is working on a very long term project which requires him to work 16 hour days until the deadline is met. The deadline approaches this Friday, but it appears that will need to be extended. We're working with several off-site illustrators to get this project completed, and it's just a tremendous amount of work. The client has been thrilled with the work that has been produced thus far and is a bit flexible on the date they receive their project, so that is helpful. That means I'll be traveling to my Dad's alone this weekend to celebrate his birthday and Christmas, but I'll still have fun (although I wish Mr. R could join us). I visited my Mom's for Christmas this past Saturday (large part of the reason I was late for my meeting with Thalia), which was the complete opposite of fun. However, lucky you, I met with my therapist last night to discuss so I don't need to vent all this crap here. To be honest, I actually get tired of talking about it. A tremendous pet peeve of mine is complaining about problems but not fixing them. If I have a problem, I want to figure out how to remedy it; I don't want to sit here kvetching about it endlessly. It's annoying as hell, to me included! So yay for therapy!

That's one of the aggravating things about ART; here you have a problem and you're so desperately trying to fix it, but aside from doing all you can, there's nothing else you can do. A lot of it is trying and then playing the wait-and-see game. This is a problem we would do anything to fix, but you get to a certain point where it's out of your hands. I'm really hoping 2006 will be a better, more fruitful year for everyone. May you all have the families you so desire. Until then, I'm happy to read about all your journeys towards parenthood.

6 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 8:21 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Oh, Anna. Three things:

One: I love your summary of ART.
Two: I am jealous all over that you got to meet up with some of the blogging crew. (This is a theme lately with me.)
Three: Hurrah for Ben! And your uterus!

 
At 12/14/2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good going Anna's uterus!

I am sad just now as the ART limbo for me continues and everyone else is dancing past me. Lets hope 2006 is a good year as we welcome your little one into the world.

 
At 12/15/2005 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you and Thalia got to meet! :) Loved your last paragraph and the ultrasound pic was fascinating and adorable.

 
At 1/06/2006 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anna, Happy New Year! I hope everything continues to go well for you. Please update when you can.

 
At 1/08/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger SBMB said...

Anna:

You mentioned in a post on someone else's blog that you use Mystic Lake Dairy sweetener, which you keep frozen until ready for use. You also said you could point the person to the company's Web site. I used to use that product when I lived in Seattle, but can't find it in California. I would LOVE to know how to get it and keep it frozen. Can you give me the company contact info? I can be reached at jimstoic(at)hotmail(dot)com, or via my blog.

 
At 1/18/2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright missy.... it's definitely time for an update!!!! What's happening with you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home