Monday, April 02, 2007

Crisis Averted

I apologized to my MIL first thing this morning. She didn't seem out of sorts this morning, but I wanted to nip any situation in the bud. She said, "Oh! Don't worry about it. I was trying to tell you that mothers don't get any respect, but you weren't getting it!" I replied, "Yeah, I'm so sorry, I've been a little hormonal lately, not that that's an excuse. I just feel awful." It went on a little bit, but wound up fine. And it turns out my FIL wanted to stay home to make the Bee a mixed tape of classical pieces and watch the entire series of Rome. Which was absolutely fine with me...

I had such a nice day with my son! He woke up a little early (7:45 am!) so Mr. Right and I got him up and opened the rest of his birthday presents. Bee nursed and had breakfast. We played for a while in his room, exploring some of his new toys, then went for a walk around town. We went to a garden park and I chilled out while he napped for an hour. Then back home for lunch with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma. More playing! More toys! Another walk in the gorgeous 75ยบ weather! Tried putting him down for his second nap but he wasn't having any of it. So we played for a while, had a little dinner (quiche and soy cheese) and then - Bath time! Which is so much more fun now that the Bee is actually enjoying baths. Not too crazy about getting his face wet, but loves splashing and trying to drink the water. Mr. Right joined us and got his share of splashy slpashy as well. We had pajama time, more playing... my mom called to sing Happy Birthday to him, and then we got him ready for bed. While nursing him get became so drowsy; we read him Goodnight moon and put him to bed. I still can't believe he's a year. What really puts it over the edge is his new haircut. It's much shorter and makes him look like a little boy, not a baby. Time has flown by so quickly. I have savored every day with him, and I am grateful for his very existence. We told him his little birth story this morning, which, I have a feeling, we'll probably so every birthday. It's so nice to start new traditions, and I'm over the moon about having a little boy to share them with.

Thank you, also, to everyone who commented on the previous post and gave good advice on dealing with in-laws. It is tough dealing with family you see nearly every day; I guess that will just be a work in progress. Now I am getting very very sleepy..... Sweet dreams to all.

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2007 5:04 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

I tend to resent ppl who I see as invading my space, so I think you are a veritable saint for putting up with your in-laws, despite the help they also give. But still, well done for the moral high ground, and I'm delighted you had such a lovely day with Bee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home