Thursday, February 01, 2007

General PMS Musings...

Is it just me, or do there seem to be a fair number of pregnancies going on? Kath and Thalya are in the early stages and I'm both happy and nervous for them. Vicky just found out she was pregnant on January 7th, and is feeling icky (yay!). Hurry Up n Wait is just out of the first trimester (I think), Leggy is at 15 weeks with twins, and Luo Lin is past 20 weeks. NME at Strangeafeet is expecting her second child in August. It's so nice to see, I only wish this for more of the lovely women I read. So go visit these lovely ladies and offer your support, I know we could all use it!

That, and I really wanted to get the previous post behind me. I sounded so desperate! I swear I'm not begging for attention, but I am, apparently in the throws of PMS. Just being moody, irritable, and generally insecure. I also haven't figured out a way to see who has been visiting here or how often so all I have to go by are the comments.

Manuela of the recently password protected Thin Pink Line wrote about being disappointed that she had a visit from the crimson bitch, even though she and her husband had not had sex the previous month. Which means that had she been pregnant, it would have been my immaculate conception. I find this concept hysterical, and I can still relate to it. I keep having dreams that I get pregnant, we go through testing and find out everything is fine. Then I wake up. Now, having had a tubal ligation, it's next to impossible to get pregnant. I told Mr. Right about these dreams, as he and I have been talking about our desire to extend out family. He told me to keep dreaming, not that he wouldn't love for it to happen, but the chances are nil. Besides the fact that the reason I had my tubes tied to begin with were to avoid having to terminate a pregnancy with an affected male or carrier female. Which really sucked the first time around.

We've spoken with my cousin, but her schedule is booked with school for about the next two years. So, the way I look at it, we'll just have to play it by ear and listen to our hearts. We tried so hard with the IVF and PGD. When we did the donor cycle, it worked out so well - our schedules, the RE just happened to have a cycle available that coincided with our schedules, and it worked - we have a bouncing and healthy baby Bee. I believe that that was the way is was supposed to work. So, we'll just have to figure out what we're supposed to do. If it turns out we can't give the Bee a brother or a sister that will be okay. Believe me, I am so happy with the Bee and I'm grateful for my blessings every day. I mean, actually every day. We just need to listen to our instincts; they haven't been wrong yet.

5 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I lurk on your site and used to lurk on Leggy's occasionally. Now I'm dying to know what brought her to were she is now--is there any chance you could pass a message on to her asking if I might have her password? If, that is, she's giving it out. I'm linking to my blog if she wants to check me out. Thanks!

 
At 2/01/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Liza,the link to your blog doesn't work. Can you try it again or leave it in another comment? This way I can pass it on to Leggy, or she can access it directly though the comments. Thank you, and thank you for reading!

 
At 2/02/2007 5:14 PM, Blogger nuttychemist said...

Wow I just read about Ben, how incredibly hard that must have been/still be for you. I hope that you get the family you want.

 
At 2/06/2007 6:37 AM, Blogger NME said...

I think you are totally right to appreciate the blessing that is Ben and to listen to your instincts on what the future is to bring. Things just have a way of playing themselved out how they are supposed to happen. It's hard not to agonize over the things we don't have control over - but I guess it's one of life's biggest lessons.

I'm always reading but have less time to comment. I'll be better, I promise. Thanks so much for the congrats and the shout outs.

 
At 2/18/2007 11:44 PM, Blogger Demeter said...

You are so blessed to have Bee, I also think of my daughter and wonder if she will ever have a sibling, for other reasons than yours, it doesn't look possible. I understand how you feel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home