Saturday, July 08, 2006

Anyone Want to Move In?

Well, I've removed the pictures, but I can describe what we've done to our bathroom. White marble tile on the floor with small black marble accents, real wood panels on the walls, an old refurbished cast iron sink and Kohler fixtures. New white washer & dryer. The shower was gutted, with waterproof cement board put down and new tile & marble shelves. We had a new tub insert placed into the old tub, becuase we found out that reglazing it wouldn't have lasted as long. Could you guess that we totally love our new bathroom? My in-laws have threatened to move into it. That would just be sooooo fabulous...!

BTW, don't feel too bad for me regarding the embryo situation - I've gotten my jackpot. I'm luckier than I ever thought I could be, married to the best man ever and with a wonderful new son. It would have been a nice bonus, but trust me, I'm not getting greedy. I'm so grateful for all I have. Bee has learned to roll over! He's 3 months, 1 week and 2 days. (See? The counting never stops). This annoys him (the rolling, not the counting) to no end, because he hates to be on his back. We give him lots of tummy time, so this has helped him build up his back and neck muscles. Yeah, we're pretty much just smitten with the little guy.

7 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yes! We're in the process of redoing our guest bathroom and, wow, these pics are inspiring!! Lurve the paneling.

What a darling boy... :)

 
At 7/11/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Anna said...

This was a labor of Love... R managed everything, but the guys who did the work - carpenter, tile guys, electricians and painters - were really great and we use them for all of our home re-do needs. Everything got finished the week after I got home with Ben. At least the toilet was in place when I arrived... ; )

 
At 7/11/2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're just surrounded by gorgeousness -- the bathroom, the baby, the hubby...

I can't believe Ben is 3 months. My how time flies!

 
At 7/11/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger NME said...

LOVE the bathroom. Really beautiful.

And Ben of course is breathtaking. Sounds like you are very happy. So glad to hear it.

 
At 7/14/2006 7:58 PM, Blogger S said...

OMG, can I move in? I'd love to live in there!

We're also in the process of redoing our bathroom-well, it's still in the planning/arguing stages, but still-and we're also planning on panelling. The hubs is doing the work himself, so hopefully it won't take too long...

Ben is absolutely gorgeous-I read a bit of your archives, and it's been a long, hard road to get where you are-you so deserve all the happiness you have!

 
At 7/20/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

I can see why you are smitten! Cute!

 
At 7/23/2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, great bathroom. And somehow I missed the birth announcement- so congrats on your son's birth- he is just beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home